Hello everyone! So I’m here to pitch you an idea that might be crazy but also fun. In order to execute this idea I need your help. Now, let me give you my elevator pitch.
Pretty much all of us have read fan fiction at one point and maybe some you still read it. We all have to admit, though, that we’ve read some pretty bad fan fiction in the past. I want to review it. Here’s where I need your help. I want you to send me bad fan fiction and, on Fridays, I will post a review/analysis of the fan fiction that you send me. I will obviously only doing one per week but I will keep a stock pile of the other ones I don’t choose. I don’t even care which fandom it’s from. If it’s bad, I will read and review it. In order to give a proper review, I have devised a point system that I will use to score those fan fictions.
- Bad Grammar/Poor Sentence Structure/Bad Spelling
- Really Awful or Prolonged Scene Description
- A Mary Sue Protagonist (or a self-insertion of the author) ‘
- Bad and/or Convenient Plot Twist
- Inconsistent Character Personalities
- Cringey Romance
- Awkward Dialogue
- Bizarre Pairing/Ship (By this, I mean the pairing has to be two characters who have never interacted or have no logical reason to be together. My example for this would be, like, Voldemort and Hagrid. The ship just has to be as far from logical as possible and not solely based on your opinion of a ship you may not like)
- Overall Believability (even if it’s far-fetched, does the plot still follow some kind of logical progression or all come together in the end?)
- Melodramatic Emotions
I will be accepting fan fictions from any fandom, even if it is one that I am not familiar with. I am not here to shame any author but, you have to admit, sometimes their writing isn’t that good. I would really love to get this going and I would love if my followers were to join me on this. You can leave me a link to a bad fan fiction you find in this post or you can send it to me via email. The email should be on my contact page. If it is not, I will fix that.
Note: I’m looking for unintentionally bad fan fiction. I will not be accepting parodies or spoofs of bad fan fiction.
I hope all of you are as excited for this as I am because I think this could be so much fun. I’m really looking forward to your responses.